Thursday 14 February 2008

What's a blog?...Whyshouldanyone decidetocreatea blog?

I created my blog just to learn how-to-do-it.
I still believe (though I'm 45) you can't effectively do something -and talk...about anything if you don't try and do it.
Yet, I realised a blog is no more and no longer simply a web-log.
Anyone who creates a blog is not creating a more o less 'personal' log book: he/she doesn't just want to 'log'.
We are finally looking for other people to answer, reply - be there. We are perfectly aware we are not writing a 'secret' diary: we are ontheweb, everyone can read us.
Since I first read my elder son's blog I read lots of other blogs, 'coze I wanted to understand why blogs were...-happening?
I realised there are lots of sort of 'blog competitions'...Blogs are a way to 'appear' (much more than 'being'?) as well as some Tv products are. You must 'collect' people join in, participate - write a two-three words comment just to ....I really don't know what or why.
Yet, I still believe a blog could/might become a very useful and effective communicative and educational 'tool' : we (teachers? lifelong learning grownup people?)just need to Use it.
Luv,
Dani

1 comment:

Paola said...

Hi Daniela and you all :-)

finally found the time to properly read new posts.

Yes, I agree that it is no longer a (mere?) private diary, and that having a blog means waiting for comments and answers (and probably feeling disappointed when they dont' come as numerous as you would like to).

But using a weblog for didactic purposes should in my opinion not mean merely transferring "emotionally void" activities on a PC screen, it should also affectively AND cognitively involve the persons our students are.

However, I have been wondering how this can be done without sounding patronising. And receiving answers and comments in a way which is not totally directed, but as spontaneous as possible in an educational context?

Paola