Saturday 8 March 2008

technorati resources

Hello everybody :-)

Sorry I have been absent for a while, but have been completely absorbed by work. I have kept on reading you, however, and it is always so stimulating to read comments and reflections from you all. Thanks, Tesol Cop blog-mates! :-))

I have browsed through technorati, as Annafranca suggested, with different words: EIL/ELF, cooperative learning, learning styles, and found different materials, blogs, videos, though not all particularly useful in my opinion.

Two have attracted my attention:

one on cooperative learning, as it has been produced by students after a research of CL
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=HEh8Z0sbiRE

and this could be an idea of how to exploit this resource in the classroom, with CL work or with project work, as a final product

the other is about learning styles, and I have found it interesting as it is addressed to parents in order to create awareness about differences in the ways of learning
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6IADRDf2A

I have tried to insert the video directly, as skillful Dani has done, but has not managed it: how do you do it?

As concerning the question on how students see it, I agree that a survey would be a very good idea - it could also perhaps be attached to a project using blogs for didactic activities, so learners would have an idea of what it is like: what do you think?

All the best

Paola

4 comments:

Daniela Millini said...

dear Paola,
as far as I've understood, to insert a video directly in a blog you just need to register in Youtube (you can use your google account) and then click the 'share'button and to choose to send the video to your own blog or another blog you're participating...It doesn't always work - but most times it does.
Have a try...
Luv, Dani

Paola said...

thank you Dani ! :-)

I have tried many times the procedure to configure my blogs, but it just wouldn't move from the "wait, checking your information" screen... how frustrating! :-((((

Paola

Daniela Millini said...

I've never met this "wait, checking your information" screen...Maybe I'm just very lucky!
When you enter you blog (username,password) don't you see a sort of 'bacheca' where you can see you own blog and Tesol's one - and any other blog you participate and wish to add to the list?
Just below, you should also see some info about You tube - and suggestions on how to upload videos on your blog from Yt...Don't you? You have to register - but you can use your blog account (same un and pw. At that point, you can save favourites on your Yt space and upload videos in your blog...
It might be a problem related to the template you choose for your blog -just a guess: I realised that not all templates present the same ...'functions'? Don't know, actually.
Try again?
Luv,
Dani

Paola said...

Thanks Dani...

Yes, I have followed all the steps as described in the page that appears below my blogs. Possibly a problem may be that I have chosen a different user for Utube? I'll modify it and try again as soon as I have a spare 10 minutes all in a line...

Thanks again for your help and support :-)))

paola