Saturday 19 January 2008

5 Introductory CoP Tasks

Dear All,
the CoP introductory tasks are the following:
1. join the TESOL CoP blog;
2. post your self-introduction;
3. edit your profile and upload your photo;
4. go to http://attendr.com/tesolcop to know where we are in the real world and:
a. join attendees list;
b. edit your profile;
c. upload your photo;
d. mark who you already know;
5 a. watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlGopyXT_g
and post your opinion on the difference between web 1.0 and web 2.0 tools.
b. watch Chris Abraham's video on How to Start Blogging with Blogger at:http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=ryb4VPSmKuo
c. Post your idea on the quote "Technology will not replace teachers...teachers who use technology will probably replace teachers who do not." - Ray Clifford

Let us know if you have any technical problems.

3 comments:

Antonietta M.D.P. said...

There is a different generation between Web 1.0 and Web 2.0: the former had a different language and perhaps more difficult in its applications from users.Today's Web 2.0 gives great possibilities of simple individual use for personal and professional aims. Moreover you can employ a wide degree of creativity (blog,wiki, sharing). What I definitely know is that I have been able to create my blog in a few minutes and I am interacting with you with a simple click.

I am sure that teachers who use technology will have a big advantage on those who don't do it:to be walking with their students and capturing their attention, having an immense teaching resource bank.
These trendy teachers will also be able to exchange and compare ideas with their colleagues, enriching their human experience.

Yours,
Antonietta

Daniela Millini said...

Dear Anna Franca,
I posted my comment as a post, so that everybody can read it easily without rolling through 'comments'.
I hope I rightly understood your request.
Anyway, I have a question: I edit a new profile/bio for attendr. etc, but I didn't change my google account profile as I'm using it for other blogs,too and I'd rather have it in Italian...Should I create a new account for TesolcoP or can I leave things as they are?
CU
Dani

Anna Franca said...

Dani, that's the way it's supposed to be..a post so every blogger can easily follow.. Great! No worries about creating a new account. Let's make virtual life easy..;-))