Tuesday 18 March 2008

Be careful ! It's addictive....

Dear Anna Franca,
I tried... 'n' did it...
Now I have this 'button' in my blog - something like 'share'(very coloured and appealing...)
If you click on it, you open a window...: and there you find de.li.cious, technorati, read me and a number of other...I don't understand exactly WHAT...
I haven't actually understood what a feed is yet - except at a very superficila level.
Yet, I realised that the bookmarks I have on my pc are all there - which means I can get and use them even when I'm using a different pc - any pc worldwide -(just need a internet connection), and this is ...useful. Indeed.
I signed in for Technorati, too - and it seemed to me it's a way to open your blog, and your favourite other blogs to a larger 'audience', which might decide to contact you on the basis of the tags you chose, or the content of your posts - or while they're just looking for something through some kw which have some kind of link to your tags or what you wrote in the posts...

Very...fascinating.
Yet, A bit ...overwhelming, too.
For me, at least.

I like working on my blog, participating to other blogs -chatting on skype or msn - thinking about using a blog and other e-tools either for educational aims or just to improve communication...
I'm also really enjoying Paola's wiki experiment: the idea of co-writing a story is great!
And I appreciate all your suggestions and hints leading to a further immersion into the incredible potential of the web - yet, I'd rather...slow down?
Scrolling through the posts and comments I realise we didn't fully developed some good ideas - eg, the questionnaire/survey to present and promote the use of a blog with our EFL students - or/and the designing of a 'blog-project', with some specific detailed EFL aim...

You see, I definitely Love challenges - the new, the unknown - I feel 'alive', when I don't understand, when I have to make a genuine effort to understand -and I'm sure this can only bring along positive attitudes and new opportunities as regards our learners.
Yet, this is not my blog...
I somehow feel we might have 'scared' a number of possible participants 'coze we were going on too fast...Only a couple of us actually tried and created a blog - or already had one.
Don't know exactly what I mean....Just a 'feeling'.
Thx for anything and everything: I learnt a lot...
:-))))
Dani

No comments: