Wednesday 12 March 2008

Blogs and Wikis...

I largely agree with Paola's analysis as regards the differences between blogs and wikis - but I must confess I have very little knowlege of wikis : the only one I could mention is Wikipedia - all the others I saw were mere attempts, experimentiments in their initial phase, sort of "let's try and do it..."I'm going to have a more thorough look at the world of wikis...I promise. Yet, on the whole, my impression is that wikis are more concerned with 'writing' rather than with other different expressive codes (photos, videos) - even though, you can upload images and create links to videos in a wiki...- they are used for more 'serious' tasks and have often a sort of 'revision group' who monitors what's being unploaded (content, form etc.). Blogs seem to offer a freer way to e-working but if we want to use a blog for educational teaching aims, we need to include some 'usage' and behaviour rules - and also make sure they are respected...
Difficult task, Anna Franca: maybe we shoud try and use both tools to understand differences more clearly...
Have a nice day,
Dani

No comments: