Sunday 16 March 2008

Dear Bloggers ….

Hello everyone,

wow! I’m overwhelmed with all the postings and the interesting material to read or view. I teach English at the Science Faculty at Unical. I was unable to log on earlier, but just a note about blogs. I’ve used blogs with university students and they really enjoy it. I had my group write short articles and then post them on the class blog. The only drawback I found with University courses is that they are so short that by the time the students actually post their work and then get a dialogue going with comments the course is over. The other difficulty of course is getting a computer room so the work can actually be done in class as not everyone has a computer at home.

Wikis on the other hand, sound like a fascinating tool to try but I have never used them. I really liked the video on wikis. I will continue to view all the other videos posted.

I came across a short article on the Wired Campus on a professor experimenting with blogs as a formative peer review process. Here's the link--you might want to read it

http://chronicle.com/wiredcampus/article/2817/blog-vs-peer-review-update-interactivity-brings-some-surprises


How long will this CoP last, by the way?

Sara

3 comments:

Anna Franca said...

Hi Sara, thanks for joining the CoP which will go on until the end of April. Hope you'll keep us posted regularly and join in on the activities:-))

Daniela Millini said...

Thanks for the article, Sara!
Really enjoyed it.
Dani

Paola said...

Dear Sara,

welcome and thanks for your interesting article!

I have a couple of questions for us all and Annafranca:

1. what will happen after the end of April? Will the blog still be going as an "open community"?

2. a technical one: why have we chosen blogspot to create this and our blogs? I have seen browsing there are many other possibilities, and would like to know more about the characteristics of the different options available, can you help?

3. always on the technical side, but more practical: how do you reorder the posts? And how do you insert the feed icon?

thanks for your help

love
Paola